Why Orange Day MC Charityride?
Motorcycles are seen, they are heard, they can make a difference. There are millions of bikers around the world. Together we can make a difference and stand up for a society free from violence against women and girls.
Orange Day MC Charityride are a manifestaion for a world free from violence against women and children.
The 25th of every month has been designated “Orange Day” by the United Nations Secretary-General’s Campaign UNiTE to End Violence Against Women, to raise awareness and take action to end violence against women and girls. As a bright and optimistic colour, orange represents a future free from violence against women and girls. Orange Day calls upon civil society, governments, and UN partners to mobilize people and highlight issues relevant to preventing and ending violence against women and girls, not only once a year on the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women (25 November), but every month.
According to WHO 1 in 3 women are exposed to physical or sexual violence in their lifetime. The violence are exposed globally and in all communities.
We want to spread Orange Day MC Charityride in as many countries as possible, and together with bikers, communities, companies around the world make a change.
- Did you know:
- 35 per cent of women worldwide have experienced either physical and/or sexual violence?
- At least 200 million women and girls alive today have undergone female genital mutilation in the 30 countries with representative data on prevalence
- Women and girls together account for 71 per cent, with girls representing nearly three out of every four child trafficking victims. Nearly three out of every four trafficked women and girls are trafficked for the purpose of sexual exploitation
- 37 countries exempt rape perpetrators from prosecution when they are married to or subsequently marry the victim
- It is estimated that of all women who were the victims of homicide globally in 2012, almost half were killed by intimate partners or family members
- Worldwide, almost 750 million women and girls alive today were married before their 18thbirthday
National Committees for UN Women are independent non-governmental organizations that support the mission of UN Women through their public awareness initiatives about UN Women and global women’s issues, and fundraising efforts to support UN Women programmes worldwide.
In the first Orange Day MC Charityrun in Sweden we choosed to support The Swedish national committé of UN Women
Support Orange Day MC Charityride?